Pinterest is awesome, but it can also drive me nuts!
On my Pinterest page you’ll find I have a Pinterest board for everything from outfits, hiking, travel, books, productivity, drinks, cooking, home decorating — there are so many possibilities. Pinterest has been a wonderful way to get inspired and exchange ideas across the internet once you get past the ugly fact that that dream wedding or bathroom you saw on Pinterest is a staged photoshoot. Also realize that the model wearing that outfit you were eye-ing is not a real person (unless you are 5’10 and 120 lbs). I tell myself these pins are only aspirations, not expectations.
Then there’s the other ugly part: Pinterest can also be a big mess. Some people may not anticipate projects require a bit of work and you willing to invest in some time. If you do not have those intentions when approaching a project, that’s when Pinterest fails come in. I’ve had my fair share of projects from Pinterest that got awful. I attempted yarn balls — the results were pretty good but it was a messy, messy project using A LOT of glue resulting in glue everywhere in my apartment. So I moved on. It was not the project for me.
However once in a while, I do find myself with pin wins:
A rose apple pie I make in the fall (the original). Yes, this is a dish I make regularly. I’ve done both fresh and baked apples and they come out wonderful. I am looking into other twists — maybe add berries or more crumbles just to twist things up.
A pinecone cheese ball (original). I made this last year for my work’s tree trimming party. The theme was pinecones and my coworker wanted to see someone make a dish like the original pin she saw. I took up on this challenge. I included the pine sprigs like in the original and I added my own touch for color by adding persimmon chips. I also baked the the persimmon chips too.
Weekly Photo Challenge Link Party!
A list of other entries to this theme; if you do not want to be on this list let me know and I will remove the link!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Satisfaction – Picks of my Pics
- Well-fed – What does Nelkumi Think?
- Winter Satisfaction – Letting Nature Back In
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Satisfaction – Fetching the World
- Memories in the Mist – Opal Reflections
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Satisfaction – Missionary IOU 差情尋
- The Great Divide, Peru – Jill’s Scene
- Wilderness – Pavement Stories
- Photo Challenge, Satisfaction: Watching the Seasons on Parade – Spirit in Politics
- Those Mountains… – More 2 Explore
- Sometimes it’s enough just to know – Writing on a Rock
- Perfection – Diamond